Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Mother Daughter Tendencies…

             I knew there was a problem as soon as I got the text, Are you hear yet? Oh boy, that’s code for she had a bad day. Therefore we now forget about every fucked up thing that I’m going thru and concentrate 100% on my daughter’s world. I was waiting for this collapse. She hasn’t seen her therapist in weeks due to my “malfunction” of my car. I tried to head it off last week when the stress started showing in her behavior. Still waiting on an appointment, her counselor is amazing, however very hard to get into.
            So we wait, the anxiety takes her over sometimes, she forgets all the tools she’s been taught, and were hitting level 10 panic attacks almost daily. School. What school! I see the lamenting look as she pours a pill into her hand. I can see what she’s thinking. “Why, Am I going to end up like my mother who depends on her meds?” She doesn’t have to say it, I can see it on her face. She’s in slug mode taking more of her anxiety medication than normal, slug status.
            As of last night she quit two, possibly three extracurricular activities, tore her room down from top to bottom, then cried because she wrecked her “haven”. She’s all over the map. Much like her trying to keep it “under control” mother. Being a single mom isn’t easy. Being a single mom with mental illness is harder. But NOTHING is harder than watching your child suffer with mental illness. All my issues have gone wayside, she’s hurting…I don’t know how to fix her! I know rationally that I don’t hold the power to “fix” her, but damnit I want to.

            OK signing out for a little time with my mini-me! ~Mental Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment