Friday, February 3, 2017

...And Then The Truth Comes Out...Defiant

           So as much as I want to stay on the straight and narrow side of maintaining my mental health, I continue to cycle in and out of depression, in and out of mania. I’ve been flying pretty high these last few weeks. Hence the birth of this blog, even two today people! I noticed it myself, which means it’s probably pretty bad. We adjusted my meds to slow me down a bit, but I had a reaction to the increase blowing my feet and legs up to where I couldn’t walk. Besides changing my entire “cocktail” I decided to ride the waves of mania out, and pray I don’t ruin my life! 4-weeks out is my next appointment. Just enough to let the rain pass and level out. Listen to your psychiatrist, something I wish I would have done. However when you have Superman Powers, who needs to listen…right, wrong! The last thing my psychiatrist told me was “No DRIVING”. From treating me all these years (9 to be exact) she knows how I tend to race down side streets at 80 mph, and play with the radio way too much, and am completely wreck less behind the wheel.
            Here I sit with a totaled car, wishing I wasn’t so damn defiant!! She told me, no driving, it’s even written in my records, no driving. What do I do? Continue to put the petal to the floorboard, and smile as I race like a mad woman up and down the streets. Over 100 mph in my Mustang, flying down the highway to an appointment I’m not even late for. Don’t drive, slow down, all of which a things that ring in my head as I quickly step on the gas. Who is she to tell me I can’t drive, who’s to say I’m not “sane”. Well a totaled car does! 
            I hit a parked trailer in a residential neighborhood head on at 35 mph. Yup, I did that, just last night, great! Bad decision making is pretty common when you’re in a manic state. Hell I’m manic right now, scrambling to figure out how I’m going to get around, how my daughter will get to her activities, her counseling, and her psych appointments. Great! Mother of the year award for this girl! I’m completely still manic as I sit here rambling on….Too late to say put away the keys! In the last month, I’ve gone on a $1500.00 shopping spree, with what money, well rent money of course! I’ve totaled my beloved car, and here I sit without a clear thought in my head. All I can think about is “what am I going to do?” I’m broke, I live in a rural area, with little to no public transportation, the school bus doesn’t even reach us…ugh how am I going to do…well next time maybe FOLLOW DOCTORS ORDERS! Geeze you would think a decade after I received my Bipolar I diagnosis I’d get my shit together!

Bottom line is I need to listen, and follow directions as my psychiatrist has given them to me. I wouldn’t be sitting here trying to figure out what the hell I’m going to do! Is this normal, am I always going to cycle? Well, that has been my norm… even with medication management, and talk therapy I still can swing dangerously high, and low. Last night was obviously a high, I wasn’t speeding, but I had no ability to focus or concentrate on driving! Should not have be driving, but I did, now I pay the repercussions…. Life being manic, isn’t it fun, undoing all that you manage to do when you’re flying high. Moral of this story, DON’T BE DEFIANT!! Listen to your psychiatrist, and follow their orders, it’s not all about taking your meds, its more about leading a productive, safe lifestyle! ~Mental Mari Yes, I was blessed, the air bags literally saved my life...thankful for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment